W. Kandinsky, Composition IV, 1911
(from German “Gluhende Wein” – hot wine, sometimes called mulled wine)
- red dry wine (shiraz, chianti) – 0.75l
- lemons – 2
- cinnamon – 1 stick
- nutmeg – 1 (better crashed)
- cloves – 5-6
- brandy (or rum or whiskey or vodka, but brandy is the best) – about half a cup.
- Warm the wine, don’t let it boil. If it starts boiling make the fire smaller or take the wine off the fire.
- Cut the lemons to quarters, squeeze them into the wine, throw the lemons in.
- Put in the rest of spices.
- Add honey and stir. Taste. Repeat the process until you are satisfied with sweetness of the product.
- Add brandy.
- Let it stay in thermos a couple of hours.
Cooking book (in Russian)
Last updated : 31-Mar-06